Humility
Through His atoning sacrifice, Jesus Christ demonstrated divine humility and submission to the will of the Father. Developing humility in our own lives can help us to learn from and overcome our weaknesses. We can demonstrate trust in the Lord and confidence in His promises by obeying His commandments and humbly serving those around us. By becoming more meek and humble, we will invite the Spirit to be present in our lives and in our teaching. As you study this attribute, seek to recognize promptings from the Holy Ghost and make a plan to apply the principles you learn today. Prayerfully and regularly ask the following questions:
- What should I start doing to develop greater humility?
- What should I stop doing to develop greater humility?
Use these additional resources to study more about the Christlike attribute of humility:
- Ezra Taft Benson, “Beware of Pride,” Ensign, May 1989, 4–7
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Pride and the Priesthood,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2010, 55–58
- “How Do I Develop Christlike Attributes?” Preach My Gospel: A Guide to Missionary Service (2004), 115–26
Wow really inspiring
ReplyDelete